Our across the courtyard neighbors were so nice to bring us an entire dinner after Caroline was born. Now for those who know me you know I am quite the picky eater and hate things that touch or are mixed together. However, like wine I am getting better with age. One of the things they brought was a jello concoction. Now I am not usually the Jello type but I was obsessed with this dish. I tried and tried to recreate it on my own but with no luck. So finally, I asked my neighbor for the recipe. Julia and I made it the other day and for the last two days at lunch her and I have enjoyed our little Jello salad treat. So here is the recipe for you to enjoy too!
Strawberry Jello Salad
1 3oz. package of cook and serve vanilla pudding
1 3oz. package of strawberry jello
1 8 oz container of Cool Whip
1 pint of chopped strawberries
2 bananas sliced
Combine vanilla pudding and strawberry jello packages with 2 cups of water in pan and boil for 1 minute. "Set" in fridge (4 hours). Beat with mixer, when it is set for five minutes. Fold in Cool Whip, strawberries and bananas. Refrigerate.
1 comment:
Sounds so good, but Belgium is not blessed with Cool Whip or Jell-o so I'll have to wait until December
I commented on your comment on my blog and then realized you won't see it so...
You have a hard job! I am so glad you are there and so good at it. After watching the girls on the playground yesterday afternoon, I realized I was slightly over-reacting. I don't like getting in trouble even in my 30's and I felt like I was being called into the principal's office.
I see the future and it scares me!
Post a Comment