Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Comparisons

Here are both my girls and from day one I have to try and remind myself not to compare the two. However it is very hard not to because having Julia is my only experience so of course I relate everything Caroline does to Julia. Here are the two of them on their quilts that Graham's mom has made for them. We received Caroline's when we were in Arizona and I am so glad she has one. Julia loves hers and sleeps with her "grandma in arizona blankie" every night. The picture of Julia is at seven weeks and here is miss Caroline at 11 weeks. Caroline is definitely a bigger baby since Julia is still my string bean. Depending on who you talk to it is still up in the air whether these two look alike. They definitely have their differences but I see a lot of similar characteristics. By this point we could see the red in Julia's hair and with Caroline her hair has no red but keeps getting blonder by the day. Their eyes are the exact same denim blue and I think the same shape. So they aren't exactly alike but you can tell they are sisters. Caroline has started talking in the last week and it is non stop. She thinks she is having a conversation with you. So most likely I am going to have two girls that never stop talking. It is hard when I am with Julia to get a word in and hysterical to listen to her. This morning I asked her how hot she thought it was going to be today and she told me one hundred degrees. I don't think so since it is only sixty degrees this morning. She also likes to play pirates and put all her beads on. So Graham and I would say "argh matey" and she copies us by saying "come on you lady!" Good try miss Jules. So far they also are good sleepers. Julia was exceptional from day one and still takes a nap for me without a fight and at night asks Graham and I if she can go to bed. Only down fall is she is up very early but I shouldn't complain. Caroline is doing pretty well for a two and a half month old. She is sleeping on average a seven hour stretch. So I have to say I don't feel so sleep deprived anymore! She has been fighting naps the last couple of days and thinks twenty to thirty minute stretches are fine. Makes the evening before bed a little hairy!! Caroline pretty much goes with the flow and is a pretty chill little girl. For all of those who told me that I wouldn't be able to imagine life without her you were right. Having both of these girls is so much fun and gives us so much love. Life is good!




1 comment:

Katie said...

Love them! I can definitely see the resemblance. Can't wait to meet her in person, it hurts!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails