
A little late but better than never. This past Labor Day weekend I took a little excursion to the other side of our beautiful country. I always feel like I don't have a passion but one may be to visit new places and see other parts of the U.S. Now most of you know I hate to fly so this may not be the best passion but I took a plane to the small but beautiful state of Rhode Island to visit one of my best friends from college, Jenn. It was a fabulous weekend and I had such a wonderful time. It was so much fun to just hang out but of course along the way there are always great stories! Lets start with the only two pics I took all weekend are the ones posted. Not a single one of us girls. The martinis suggest that we may have had a lot to drink so taking pictures was not on the list. The first day in Rhode Island it rained so we found this great bar on Brown University's campus and watched the freshman move in. We of course reminisced on how much we miss the good ole collegiate days. The second picture is from another bar over looking the harbor in Newport. Here I was able to see the water, eat clam chowder, and see what we referred to as the "greasy mafia." No joke I thought
those type of people were only in the movies, not so much. The New Yorkers like to visit Rhode Island on their holiday weekend as well. I also found out the everyone knows everyone in R.I. It isn't uncommon for families to live next door to each other. It is also not uncommon for the person in which you sat next to on the plane to show up at the same cook out that you are attending. How weird! And lastly my favorite... instead of three Starbucks on every corner there is a Dunkin Doughnuts just calling my name. I flew back late Monday night through New York and was able to see the N.Y.C skyline. A great end to a fabulous trip. I miss you already Jenn!
2 comments:
Glad you had a good time. Sounds great. How did the other 2 do? Miss you!
Miss you tons! Thank you for an amazing weekend. I had the best time with you. Thank you Graham and Julia for letting me borrow Mommy for the weekend. At least you have two pictures for the blog...I have NONE. That's bad :-)
Post a Comment