Friday, July 3, 2009
One Week and Due Date Celebration
It is hard for me to believe that today was my actual due date and that Caroline has been with us for one full week! The first week is such a blur when you think about all that has happened. So I take this time with both of the girls napping to fill you in on all the details of the first week. I have had many people ask about the timeline of the birth. All I can say is it was fast and so much easier than Julia's birth. Graham and I got to the hospital about 6:30 and she was born four hours later with about four pushes. They monitored me when I got to the hospital and I was 4 cm so Graham and I decided to walk around instead of sit in the bed with contractions. This obviously made me progress quite quickly. So they immediately got us
a room and by this point my contractions were off the chart and here is me screaming for the epidural. The lovely doc was quick but the baby was quicker as my water broke as I was receiving the epidural. Less than an hour later she was born. I think I made the comment to Graham that I just want to be one of those women who actually enjoys her epidural. This time around I wasn't as sick so I was really able to enjoy the baby after she was born. Going from one to two hasn't been so hard but that is because Julia has been a dream. She still has her two year old moments but she adores baby Caroline and is very protective. Caroline turned the corner the other night and I am happy to report that we have had two pretty good nights of sleep. Now that is all relative because she still loves to get up and eat. She does eat all the time and that was shown when we went to the pediatrician the other day. She was only one ounce away from her birth weight. As for who she looks like....Julia. They have a lot of the same characteristics. Caroline has shorter and lighter hair and more of a round face compared to Julia's square jaw line. She has very long every thing. You should see this girl's toes. The nurses were cracking up saying she could play the piano with them. All in all the first week has gone pretty smoothly. We are all starting to go a little stir crazy inside so hopefully we will start venturing out as I think we all would be a little more happy. So glad that there isn't six feet of snow. It is so much fun to dress a summer baby and actually be able to kiss those sweet itty bitty baby parts:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Omg! I want to kiss those toes!! You guys look great and it sounds like a dream. Love you all!! Happy 4th!
I meant to add: She looks just like Julia! Adorable!!
Post a Comment