Monday, June 8, 2009

Dora, Tornados, and TMI

Julia went to her first performance on Sunday. We went together to the Buell Theater downtown to see Dora Live. I was so excited to take her. Tickets were through the roof when I looked a couple of months ago and I wasn't sure it would be worth it. However, a good friend gave us a code and I got great tickets last week for half price. So how does an almost two and a half year old do at such a big girl performance....just wonderful! It was a blast to take her! Now there are a couple of reasons that I know I am nine months pregnant. First reason is the fact that I teared up when I got to the theater. Watching her get excited to go with me, wear her strawberry dress, and see her face light up when the first song came on brought unexpected tears. I love being a mom. I loved our special time together, making her happy, and watching her experience things for the first time. There was a sadness that this was a day when I realized how big she has gotten. There was another sadness because even though I know we will have time alone together again it was probably the last big event before the baby arrives. It was a special day but even through my sob moments there are always bloopers and adventure..... lets start with the too much information part. So if you are weak at heart or like to keep funny, private moments to yourself then this is not the story for you! Second reason I know I am less that four weeks from having a baby. Right before the show started I rushed Julia to the bathroom and of course for me as well. This is where I now know what my nurse practitioner meant when she said this baby was really low. I fit the two of us into the tiny stall and put my purse and the booster seat on the floor. Went to help Julia get her undies down and help her on the pot. Note to self don't squat when you are nine months pregnant because even if you don't push you never know what may come out. A moment of panic because did my water just break.....No, I just peed my pants without even trying. All I can say is thank goodness I was wearing black pants. Oh the joys of being pregnant!!!! So yes the show must go on. Julia did wonderful throughout the whole play even though it was during nap. So to end this great blog post here is the adventure of the day. On the way downtown, it rained pretty hard and even hailed on us but we made it to covered parking in one piece. During Dora we missed all the drama at home. A funnel cloud less than a mile from our house and another tornado that did some real damage at the outside mall by our house. Daddy got some amateur video from the balcony. I am not sure what he was thinking because he is no storm chaser but the flip really excited him. So it was quite an exciting Sunday for the Kaisers!





4 comments:

Tse Family said...

We've all been there! A sneeze at the end of my pregnancy with Nathan scared me into doing kegels at a crazy pace for the rest of my two weeks! The good news is that it comes and goes.
I also get teary watching the kids see something for the first time or when they are just excited about life.
I so wish Julia could have had a little partner to watch the show with...Sarah would have loved it! We just bought that DVD (although ours says "Dora L'exploratrice Le Village des Jouets") because she wore out the School Bus one.
I have been thinking about how close you are! It does seem sad to go from being able to focus all of your time and attention on one, but watching my kids love and care for each other brings even more tears, happy ones. I can't wait to meet your little one! I wish so much that we could give you all hugs and kisses.
Hopefully this baby will not come during any kind of storm. A blizzard baby is okay, but tornado baby, not good!

Katherine said...

Awe! Macie has that dress! I have to point out the strawberries every time she is resistant to putting it on.

Happy 9 Months!

Jenn said...

I love that post! Thanks for making me laugh. Although you have given me another reason why I am not so ready to be pregnent. I am so happy you guys had some Mommy and daughter time. I am 29 and still love my time with just my mom. Love you...miss you!

Amy Conover said...

Oh the joys of pregnancy that noone in the world ever shares with you! Peeing your pants being one of them. I think by the time I hit that stage with Rylee, I was sitting and crossing my legs if I had to sneeze or cough...never knowing what would ensue otherwise!
Glad you had such a wonderful day! and that you missed the tornado.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails