Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Big Ultrasound




Well after having ultrasounds twice weekly, I have gone the last four weeks without seeing our little miracle baby.  Today was our 18 week, level 2 ultrasound with the high risk group.  The last ultrasound we had was with this doctor and that is when the hemorrhage was down to 7 cm.  After meeting with my doctor last Thursday, she was hopeful that the hemmorhage was much smaller.  Her conclusion to this was I have never had anymore bleeding and that was with adding activity back into my day.  She said to continue with my limited activity and after she gets the results from the ultrasound we would make an action plan.  Currently she says that I am her biggest success story. 

The great news of today was that the baby looked wonderful.  All of her major functioning organs were measuring spot on to my due date!  I asked him whether or not the hemorrhage had affected her and he said no because she was still growing.  The hemorrhage was down to a little over 4 cm, another piece of great news.  He said what was left was the clot and it could either reabsorb or I may have some more old bleeding.  We talked about my return date for work, something I never thought we would be talking about!  I go back to work on Monday.  This week the girls are on fall break and grandma has come to help out.  I am excited to go back to work as the girls are in school all day , I will have something to make my days go by faster, and be able to do other things so my mind doesn't think all day long about worst case scenarios. 

His recommendation was that I could do normal day to day activities, but still take it easy.  I can't do any exercise and no heavy lifting.  Therefore, the cleaning people came for the first time last week.  Best thing ever!!!  He also said that we can go to Arizona for Thanksgiving.  Another thing I didn't think would be possible. 

Hard to believe that it has been almost seven weeks since this whole roller coaster began.  We still have such a long way to go, but I am still hopeful that this little girl will have a birthday sometime in March.  I feel after all that we have been through that her due date should be around the corner.  Our goal for this pregnancy is to get back to a normal pregnancy and have a healthy little girl.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails