Friday, September 20, 2013

My girls

One of the top questions I am asked is, "How are the girls."  So since I haven't updated the blog in awhile let's give an update!!

Julia is officially a first grader.  She has grown up so much since the end of kindergarten. Her teeth are finally coming in so she definitely has that goofy grin. This summer she participated in our neighborhood swim team.  It was a great chance for her to get to know others from school even better.  It also gave me the chance to meet other parents outside of our cul de sac group we gave going.  She still can be very shy until she warms up.  She still is super tall and has this great head of hair I would die for!  She just started piano, does cup stacking at school once a week, and is still playing soccer.  We moved her to a soccer team that had a couple of girls from her school and having these connections I have learned has been so key in this last four days.  Julia loves to help so she seems to be taking this whole situation in stride.  The first night the girls came to see me in the hospital she seemed to be handling everything okay, but that night as Graham was putting her to bed she melted.  We face timed and then graham had to lay with her until she fell asleep.  I am so glad for her sake I only had to spend one night in the hospital.

Caroline turned 4 years old this summer.  She is going to pre K three times a week and to Ms. Margaret's the rest of the time.  Someone said to me the other day that she has really come out of her shell.  She was always out of her shell at home, but she is so much more confident at school.  Her new phrase this past week is ending everything with right quick.  Don't know where she got that from.  She also is playing soccer and daddy is coaching her team.  I am not sure Caroline quite understands everything that is going on.  The last couple of nights she has struggled with going to sleep and tries to sneak back into our room.  We had our first hurdle this morning when Graham left early for work.  Caroline refused to get out of bed and Grammy wasn't at our house yet for breakfast.  Nothing worked so we called Grammy to come rescue Caroline.  Later in the day I found myself bribing her with a new Barbie if she wouldn't throw fits and would get out of bed on her own.  Great parenting right:)

So one of the nicest people we talked to at the hospital was the nurse practioner with the high risk pregnancy group.  She said something that really stuck with me.  She said, "This is only such a small part of their life."  For the past 24 hours, I of course had been beating myself up by wondering what I had gotten us all into.  Because as hard as bed rest will be for me, it completely changes everything for them.  Even though we are only four days in they have been doing remarkable.  We will have our bumps in the road and we will deal with those as they come.  Of course we never want any of these bumps in the road, but it is a life lesson that can only make all of us stronger.  Family is number one and our love will get us through.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww! You are such a good Mommy!!!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

awww! You are such a good Mommy!!!
Love you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails