Yesterday was probably the hardest day as the anticipation for today's doctors appointment was really weighing heavy on my heart. Today's appointment could really go two ways. Things could be healing and the baby is growing or we could have gotten the opposite. My emotions in the last week would come and go but what I noticed the most was how much I shut off emotionally towards the pregnancy.
So let's get to the good news. First was my ultrasound. I feel like the ultrasound tech and I are great friends now that I have had more ultrasounds with her than I had with my first two children combined. We immediately focused in on the baby and heard the amazing heartbeat. The baby measured another week ahead. All good news. Now onto the hemorrhage. More good news, it measured to 2 cm smaller and now is 13.9 cm. Once again we heard from the ultrasound tech that she had never measured one as large as mine. It puts in perspective again how severe this whole situation is. The other thing they are really watching is my cervix. It was still long and measured the same as last week. One thing I noticed is that they talked more today about pre term labor than actual miscarriage. Now we are not out of the woods by any means but my doctor who was very grim last week was hugging me multiple times today saying I had made her week. So all in all today lifted my spirits and gave me more hope.
As we move into week two, I get to look forward to leaving the house twice. I will have my weekly Wednesday appointment again with my OB but I will also be seen by the High Risk OB on Tuesday. Instead of having the normal 20 week ultrasound, I will have a level 2 ultrasound at week 18 by the high risk group and they want tosee me before that appointment. As we left today, my
mood was completely different so my husband took me out to breakfast to celebrate our positive news. I am back to my bed rest as it seems to be working! We still have a long way to go but we are on the right path. Keep those positive thoughts and prayers coming because they are working!


1 comment:
I will keep you and baby in my prayers. You don't know me, but I follow your blog....I think I commented before onetime when you were having breastfeeding issues with Caroline?!? Had no idea you would be having a third...congrats! We have 4 boys!
Post a Comment