Monday, January 25, 2010

Pretty Little Ballerina

I know this post may come as a shock to some of you, but yes I have put Julia in ballet. Insert foot in mouth. As I have learned in parenting I end up doing a lot of things I swear I would never do, but this was a good decision. She hearts ballet and is so excited every Monday when she gets to go. Graham and I decided this would be something good for her because she tends to be shy and very reserved. We also thought it would be good for her to be around little girls her age because we seem to know lots of boys her age but no girls. The first class was a riot as she got in there and just started dancing around. Then she got the hang of listening to the teacher and following the others. She is the youngest and today I noticed that when they started to learn their dance recital routine. All I can say is thank goodness the recital isn't until June and we have lots of time. I have a feeling I may need to learn it and practice it with her at home. That is a scary thought. While everyone else was mimicking the teacher Julia just watched everyone else never once really doing the dance. Maybe it will get better next week:) Whether she learns the dance, she has a smile on her face and that is the best part. She might tell you the fruit snacks at the end of class are the best part in her mind.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails