Thursday, January 21, 2010

The In Betweens

So we are finally moved out and it was a very long and exhausting week. Our condo never looked cleaner. After six years there were lots of little projects to complete but we got it all done! So now we are in the stages of the in betweens! Lets start with the parents. Today I had to explain twice that we are pretty much in between homes. I called to make Julia's first dentist appointment and they asked for my home phone number. Yup don't have one at the moment. Then we went to get Jules hair cut. The lady asked me where we live. Well currently with my parents. We don't have a home! All in all we are very lucky to be able to transition this way and in a lot of ways it isn't so bad. The girls now have there own room and there have been glimmer of hopes in Caroline's bad sleeping habits. We will leave that for another post. We are lucky that we are not rushed to find a home and that we can actually take our time. Plus it allows us to save a little more money to put aside for the condo as a safety net. Graham started back to school this week so it is back to single parenthood some nights.

Julia is still growing like a weed. With all the moving last week and being sick she handled it incredibly well. Today she had a meltdown because she had an accident. This is very unlike Julia and even though I could have cared less it broke her heart. She is so hard on herself. Poor thing was in the bathroom but couldn't get her tights down. Broke my heart too! She is definitely in the in between stage. I love the fact that her and Caroline are still together during the day but next year she will be very ready for pre school. Even though the girls are at different stages they are really starting to play with each other now that Caroline is more interactive. It is so much fun to see how much they love each other.

Caroline has a lot of inbetweens! She is finally getting the hang of solids but I am still not consistent to give her solids twice a day let alone three times a day. After Christmas I was ready to start weaning her onto formula. Caroline has disagreed with this decision and now pretty much refuses to take a bottle at home. She will take one at daycare but can be stubborn about the bottle of formula. So we are in between on deciding what to do. I am still pumping at work which is what I really wanted to be done with. Oh well I will play this one by ear. She is sitting up but we are still at the stage of padding her with pillows as she still tends to fall over. She is changing by the day!

So that is what is going on around here. I probably missed a lot but remember I am in between things!

2 comments:

Katie said...

awww, love the pictures... looks like you're liking the new camera. and one thing nice on the in betweens, is the other helpers!!! especially on the "single parent nights." but goodness gracious, are those the cutest little darlings. julia's grownup braid. the baby's blond whisperhair. i miss you all!!!

Katherine said...

well, even with all the chaos of moving and in-betweens, you'll be happy that you blogged about it...
These are all milestones! Good luck finding a new home :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails