Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Princess and Her Prince

Once upon a time in a land not so far away, computer trouble struck a princess. For she lived on the fifth floor of PV East at ASU and her computer fixing prince heard of her distress.

For he found a note upon a whiteboard, dry erase, in fact, and made haste toward her room down the hall. He knocked lightly on the door, already open of course, and asked, "Are you the fair lady upon which I call?"

She replied, "It is true. I am she. I could really use your help."

The prince came in, took a seat, problem solved , and small talk did occur. Who knew it was he? Who knew it was she? Love at first sight. Who knew it could be? More visits, more chit-chat, but holidays to be had, slowed them down until February.

One day they made a date. That night she thought, "He's late!" However, right on the tick of the tock... I mean right on the dot... there was a knock, knock, knock! Nerves were high and love was there! The prince and the princess enjoyed Mill Avenue's night air!

How they lasted through the night, through the summer, through the years, trips through Europe, and nights with beers! How they lasted through firsts and lasts, the present, the future and the past!

For nobody will ever know. The answer lies in their eyes with that glow. The answer lies in their hearts, which are one, forever and ever. The prince and princess, I assure you will live happily ever after!

By: Anna Cunningham Williams

*Graham and I celebrated our 6th anniversary on February 15th. This was the first one apart as many months before I had booked tickets to go to Texas with my mom and dad. We did celebrate with our traditional dinner on the town the Thursday before I left. That day I realized it was ten years to that first date on Mill Avenue. This was written by my wonderfully talented college roomate. I have it framed and hanging in my house. So fun to read the story of how it all began!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Love it! Happy Anniversary. Such great memories. Love you both!

Katherine said...

That is SO sweet! What a cute little poem - you should frame it for sure!

I lived in PV West 10 years ago! Ha! And had many fun nights on Mill Avenue...
I can totally see how romance could happen there on those warm nights!

Katherine said...

oh nevermind. just saw you already have it framed :) Its so cute.

Happy Anniversary!

Tse Family said...

I love this! You guys are so cute. You should have Anna write the updated version on the 10th anniversary. Would you believe we already are buying our tickets to the US today? We found a good deal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails