
Oh yes we have started potty training. In less than two weeks I leave for Texas and am questioning why am I doing this now, but she is very ready and my fear was if I waited too long she would outsmart us! She has used the potty off and on since her second
bday but this past weekend I noticed she would go immediately when she sat down and she was starting to accumulate lots of stickers on her potty chart. I am so thankful that I have the most wonderful daycare!!! Miss Margaret is family, and I am so thankful that I have her to tell me what is normal and to reassure me that she is ready. She is the one that gave me the hint not to use pull ups but to double up training pants and she was right, so much better. She is there to remind me that accidents do happen and it is all part of the process. Julia has done very well in two days. Only minor accidents while they are downstairs playing away from the potty. She went poop twice yesterday and today had an accident as I arrived. Oh the

drama she was so upset! However she was back on tonight and even ran back to the bathroom to go poop all by herself. We are making progress. I just love the fact that I think potty training is more work for the adults and in some ways it is just like potty training a puppy. I have to remind myself to put her on the potty all the time and for right now no trips to far from home. This is real work and I also never thought I would have a blog that talked all about pee pee and poo poo! Only a parent could love this.
3 comments:
good girl, Julia! i need to get some training pants like you speak of 'cuz the pee accidents are no fun at all. love ya!
You are right about it being work for the parents and I am not very good at it! Nathan had daycare to help, but poor Hannah had just me and now so does poor Sarah. I have not seen training pants here, but I'll be searching soon.
Yeah for Julia, keep up the good work! You too, mom. You are doing great. I wish you weren't going to Texas so you could come hang with us. Its been a long time since the three of us have been together. But I am happy you get to go to Texas! Love ya
Post a Comment