Saturday, August 16, 2008

You know you are getting old when....

Okay lets play this game. Please feel free to leave your comment on how you know time is flying and you are getting older.

For those who don't know I am a middle school counselor. I just started my seventh year at the same school. I started off as a teacher and after finishing my masters' moved into the counseling office. This school happens to be in the same school district I attended and feeds into the high school that I graduated from. So this was bound to happen at some point. I just thought I had a couple more years.

So Friday it was my birthday and I was at work handing out schedules to the incoming 6th graders. As it poured outside a cute little girl walked up, showed me her new picture id, and with her was her mom. I had walked into the building that morning with this family and thought the mom looked familiar. So as I saw the id I immediately recognized the last name. Yes, I now have my first student of someone I graduated High School with. Oh my how I am getting older.

4 comments:

Tse Family said...

If you are old, what does that make me? I recently told Joe that when I was running (in Belgium) and ran past a group of teenage girls I thought about the quote from Dazed and Confused where Matthew McHoweverYouSpellIt says,"That is what I love about HS girls. I keep getting older and they keep staying the same age". I feel exactly the opposite. Ha ha. Happy Birthday and you are so not old! Miss you!

Kat said...

Okay I should have also said that I don't feel old, these are just things that remind me I am no longer 21 or a HS girl:)

Katie said...

i thought i left a comment this am, oh well. wow! that must have been weird. she must have been a very young mom to have a 6th grader!

you know you are getting old when people you used to babysit are graduating high school!

Unknown said...

Who was it? I am intrigued and feeling so old not even married and someone form high school has a 12 year old!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails