Friday, August 1, 2008

Thoughts to end a trip

Currently I am sitting in the San Diego Airport waiting to come home. It was a long week and I terribly miss my family. This week has been a first for me. The first time I have been away since Julia was born all by myself. Taken a couple of short trips but Graham was with me. I have tried very hard not to bombard other colleagues with Julia stories or my sob story of missing her. Thanks Graham for listening to me on the phone when I was down. Instead I have embraced the trip by enjoying adult time and continuing my own education for work. These things are very important to me and I know make me a better mom. It is a constant struggle for me to find the balance between work and home. I am lucky for the time off of work that I get in the summer and always find myself craving more. However on the flip side while in trainings this week I get excited about all the new things I learn because I truly love my job and am excited to go back. The topic of staying home or working is a topic I have with my girlfriends often and there is never a right answer. What is right can only be determined by you for your family and it can look very different than the family across the street. For me the answer might change in another year so I take it day by day or school year by school year. So thanks for reading while I pass time in the airport and I promise pictures will return once I get home and have my fair share of hugs and kisses.

3 comments:

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

I've been down lately about this subject. It's such a hard topic. There really is no right answer. I just received a final answer to the job I was hoping for. Looks like another year of substituting and drop-in-daycare/nanny rates with no real schedule. agh! It's such a frustrating situation and yet, I enjoy staying home (most of the time.)

Katherine said...

I'm with ya 100%. This too is a struggle I'm dealing with. Thanks for writing this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails