Friday, June 6, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance and Toddlers

Those three words definitely don't go together. A 17 month old is not made for graduations but Julia is a trooper. However, we are both exhausted. Graham's bro Marshall graduated from DU today. Julia and I picked up Graham's mom at the airport this morning after just returning the night before from dropping Graham off for his annual guy's golf tourey. This is Julia at the reception pre ceremony. Grandma kept feeding her cake which help coax her back into the stroller. Toddlers just aren't meant to be still. She was very good and thank goodness for the seven year old that kept her entertained.
Now no judgement can be passed toddlers are just quick. I realize that there are lots of germs on floors. Before I knew it Julia had taken her blanket and teddy, laid them down on the floor, and then preceded to lay down herself. Of course all of this partying was during her afternoon nap. She took a small one in the morning but this out and about thing really ruins a girl's schedule! However, this is a great picture of the dress her Grammy made her. She looked so pretty.
Finally after we watched Marshall walk in and sang the National Anthem we decided it best to leave the family behind and go to the mall and get some dinner. Julia was not going to have anything with sitting in my lap. So where to go but Johnny Rockets. She actually wore the hat for awhile. It was a long day and we are glad it is over. Grandma, Julia, and I leave for Phx on Saturday for a whole week. How summer vacation snuck up so fast!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Have a fun trip. I was going to mention Julia's dress, it's adorable. Nice job, Suz!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails