Let me give an update on this little girl! She is the most excited for the baby to get here! The other day she told her preschool teachers that the baby was coming in three days. She kisses my belly constantly and talks to the baby non stop. In the car the other day, I explained to her that she was so lucky because she is the only one that will be a younger sister and an older sister. I am so excited that she will get the chance to be an older sister.
That said she definitely has kept us on our toes the last week. In the matter of a couple of days my patience had run thin with some of her shenanigans. She was on a roll doing things she knows not to do. The first was using my makeup hiding behind the shower. She loves to hide things even herself. She looked like someone had beaten her up pretty good and it took many removal techniques to get it all off. Next, she played hairstylist to her My Little Ponies. We have had the scissors talk multiple times because she has an obsession with cutting paper. Thankfully, she listened and didn't cut her own hair but she did lose her My Little Ponies for a couple of days. She then moved on to making potions in the guest bathroom. She was very independent and got a milk jug out of the recycling bin, some measuring cups, and other utensils to make this concoction. What a mess! The last straw was when Julia came to get me to show me something was wrong with the bunk bed ladder. Yes, Caroline strikes again! She lathered the steps with some Nivea Creme. This week has been better but she gave us a run for our money.
Even though she can be sneaky and stubborn this girl has such a sensitive side. Yesterday was Mother Goose Day at her school. She was to pick a nursery rhyme to present to the class. I was so excited because I had the day off school so I would be able to go and watch. However, from the minute we mentioned this school assignment she melted and told us that she wouldn't do it. I figured with a week of prep time and some costume conversations that she would get over that, but boy was I wrong! As we got out of the car the tears started. I couldn't pry her off me and she ended up sitting on my lap for most of the presentations. So I laughed with her teacher that acting probably wasn't in our future. Then she was upset that she had to stay at school. Julia had the day off as well and she wanted to come with. Another moment that I had to pry her off me and leave. Break a mommas heart but it was important that Julia and I get some alone time together. Luckily when I came back to pick her up she was all smiles and her teacher said that she did her rhyme just for her. We ended the day on a good note. Downloaded some more Frozen music and a trip to the library and Caroline was her old self again.

No comments:
Post a Comment