I am to that point in my pregnancy when the first thing out of everyone's mouth is, "How are you feeling?" At 35 weeks I feel really good. Yes sleeping has been difficult. I tend to wake up about 3 o'clock and have trouble falling back to sleep. That is probably the biggest problem I have especially when you wake up around 6 to go to work and start your day. This weekend my patience was much shorter. I am sure my children and husband will forgive and forget. I slowly have been noticing that my legs are getting larger and my shoes tighter so my guess is I am slowly starting to retain some water. Fun times! However, I am trying to enjoy these last four weeks. This is our last baby and the last time I will enjoy feeling the baby inside. It is such a miracle. I also think I am more appreciative of being pregnant at 35 weeks since our reality is that I wasn't supposed to make it this far. I am so excited to meet this little girl and can't wait to bring her home. However, according to my plan, I would like her to cook until at least March 22nd. The biggest reason for that is that gives me a couple of days at home while the girls still have school and then the next week all of us will be home for spring break including daddy. You can laugh now as we all know this pregnancy has not gone to plan. So I was just thinking that this was just one thing could go my way:)
I saw my doctor this week and she still is amazed how "normal" my pregnancy is after our traumatic start. I measured perfectly and the baby's heart rate was around 140. This last week the baby was very active and the girls have loved watching my belly move. It also gives me something to do when I am bored in meetings. I just watch her move all around. We are not completely sure she is head down but my doctor said we wouldn't worry about that until my next appointment. Once again why would anything with this pregnancy go as planned.
As for my other girls, we have had a miserable winter of colds and viruses!!! I have been very lucky that my girls for the most part are very healthy and rarely get sick. However, since Christmas all they have done is pass their germs back and forth. Last night when both of them ended up in my room, one with snot pouring out of her nose and the other with a hacking cough and temperature, I decided to wave the white flag. I give up with trying to get them healthy. The house is cleaner than it has ever been, we have a humidifier, saline drops, and been religious about washing our hands but none of that seems to be working. Spring weather cannot get here fast enough it has not been a fun winter. So hopefully in four weeks we will have this all out of our system when the new baby arrives!
No comments:
Post a Comment