Thursday, February 6, 2014

33 weeks and life around our house




Life around our house is moving at a very fast pace.  Our days seem to be very busy between work, school, and all of our activities.  It is hard to believe that in a little over six weeks we will have a new addition.  Wow that is soon.  So here is an update since it has been over a month since I last updated the blog. 

Baby- Today I saw my doctor and everything is still looking great.  The big news is we scheduled an induction date at 39 weeks.  The reality is that I had both my babies before my due date and there is a good chance I will naturally go into labor before this date.  So as of today, I am scheduled to be induced the night of March 24th.   The reason behind this is that I could be at a higher risk of placental abruption since the hemorrhage compromised the placenta.  My doctor doesn't want to chance anything.  We put the crib up last weekend and Caroline is now completely moved out of the babies room.  We still need to take down her letters and replace them with the new babies name. 

Caroline - I went to her preschool conference last week and she knew a lot more than I thought.  Her teacher says she is very ready for kindergarten!  She is swimming every Saturday and is really getting the hang of it.  She still loves to show up in our room in the middle of the night.  Our new rule is if she wants to sleep in our room she can sleep in her sleeping bag on the floor.  No more room in mommy's and daddy's bed!

Julia - I am really struggling with the fact that she is seven.  That is so hard to say.  I look at her and she really does seem seven.  She is such a big girl and is becoming so much more independent in her daily tasks.  She has started a stroke clinic on the weekend for swimming.  It is truly a workout but the coaches from this club team are so amazing with the kids and I am so impressed with how well she is doing.  She practices at the private jesuit high school around the corner from our house that Missy Franklin attended.  Last week was tough on the poor girl.  She missed three days of school and some fun activities on her calendar.  Poor baby was so sick.  We finally got some meds for a sinus infection on Saturday and then she went to her piano recital even though she still didn't feel that good.  She is one busy little girl.

Graham and I are getting so excited to have a new baby in the house.  Currently our fun is watching Scandal on Netflix.  We are hooked and have been staying up way past our bedtime.  Next weekend we celebrate 11 years of marriage.  Hard to believe it has been a year since our Mexico trip.  I feel so blessed to have the most amazing husband that has been a huge help during this last trimester of my pregnancy. 

1 comment:

O Boys Mommy said...

Caroline looks so tall in that picture! She is growing up so fast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails