Sunday, March 30, 2014

We made it!


She's here! 

Paige Elizabeth Kaiser
3/25/2014 1:33 am
6 pounds 6 ounces
18 3/4 inches long

Writing this post I have tears, and I promise it is more than my hormones.  We are beyond blessed this little girl is here.  After the craziness of bed rest, multiple doctors appointments and ultrasounds it is crazy that she is here.  I really can't tell you how many different doctors mentioned miscarriage to us in those early days of my second trimester.  Going back to work and keeping ourselves busy with the Julia and Caroline helped us get through those last twenty weeks.  Although I may not have talked about it there wasn't a day that went by until she was born that I wasn't constantly worried something would go wrong. It was exhausting, and although I tried to act like everything was okay I really wasn't myself.  With Julia and Caroline there was of course emotion after they were born but the tears that flowed at 1:33 with Paige were emotions of happiness, relief, and sheer joy to see and hear her right in front of me.  

Her actual due date was yesterday but we had our scheduled induction on Monday night the 24th.  Not having been induced with the girls everyone told me to expect she would be born the next day but we decided to break some induction records:). Graham and I went to dinner for one last date.  The waitress asked how far along I was and we laughed when we said, "Oh this is our last stop before the hospital."  The manager at Cheesecake Factory comped our dinner.  So sweet.  We then walked the mall for an hour  and did some shopping as I thought maybe I could get some contractions going but still nothing.  So off to the hospital we went.  

I was a nervous wreck and it was odd walking in for an appointment not writhing in pain.  Our nurse was awesome, and she explained that the drug they were giving me was weak and most likely they would start petocin the next morning.  So at around 8:30 they gave me the cervadil and within minutes my contractions started.  I learned with Caroline not to wait in getting the epidural so about an hour after getting the cervadil I got my epidural and it was just in time.  By 10 o clock the contractions were off the chart and I am happy to report that I didn't feel them.   A little over an hour later my water broke and within another hour it was time to have a baby.  Only problem was my nurse was at dinner and my doctor still hadn't been contacted to tell her I was in active labor.  Did I mention we were breaking some records?.  So I waited and didn't push.  That is so much harder than it sounds and after the doctor arrived with two pushes our beautiful Paige was here!  Once again another middle of the night baby!  

The first days at home have been wonderful.  Yes sleep has been very little but she did have a much better night last night.  The girls have spring break this week so all of us will get some true bonding time this week!  We are all in love and like I have said so many times she was meant to be here and we all fought for that to happen.  She is truly our miracle baby!





1 comment:

O Boys Mommy said...

Yeah! Congrats! I'm so happy for you and your family :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails