Wednesday, June 27, 2012
Caroline is 3
So I have to admit one of my downfalls of being a parent is I am not a big fan of throwing birthday parties. I am not very detail orientated and having to be that creative to entertain that many children is not my strong point. Don't get me wrong, I love to have parties but children's bday parties are completely different.
Caroline turned 3 yesterday. Since we were just getting back from a week long vacation I knew on top of not loving birthday parties that it would be too much to try and do something big, especially for a three year old. So at the last minute my guilt started to set in and I didn't want her not to have a good birthday. So I sent an email out to my neighbors and a couple of good friends telling them we weren't having a party, but we would do her favorite thing of riding bikes in the cul de sac and I would provide some cake. Not a party, just a gathering and having some friends to sing happy birthday to her. Friday before we left on vacation I quickly took the girls to the local supermarket and let Caroline pick out a cake.
Thanks to all the wonderful people in our lives we had a great time. The kids kept themselves entertained by riding bikes and playing in all the yards while the adults sat and enjoyed some sangria and beer. To me this is a perfect celebration of one's birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MMMM...Sangria. :) Now, did you really let her pick out her own cake? ;) Happy birthday sweet girl!
Post a Comment