We would so be friends in real life
Made me laugh because I feel that way with some blogs that I anonymously stalk. I have heard so many of my friends with young babies say how addicting they have become to blogging. My blogging has slowed. Could be that pesky second child:) However, I have dreams to be one of those sought after mommy bloggers. I have taken my blogging to another level, meaning I actually seek out blogs to give me ideas and advice on cooking, parenting, decorating, etc.
In my early blogging days I would have taken pictures at the Colorado School Counselor Association conference I went to a couple of weeks ago. However, that didn't happen:( The last keynote speaker was an expert in school counseling that focuses on technology. He showed this great video about social networking. The key point was it isn't going away. Try to tell that to my husband who refuses to have a Facebook account, but is fascinated by mine when I have it up on the laptop.
Social networking in my field of work is huge. It is huge in the fact that cyberbullying is a real and very scary thing. Just the other day some kiddo was showing me texts from another student and I had to say I wanted to take the phone away and chuck it. I have always joked that there is no way my middle schooler will ever have a phone. In some ways I am really not joking. However, I know that cell phones are a safety net for parents and then like my previous sentence stated a real issue.
Those are my very random thoughts about the latest technology. Nothing very specific but just some things I have in my brain. Social networking, texting, and other media are a new way of life. There are lots of positives, such as my blogging addiction and the fact that I have reconnected with so many people via Facebook. However, I have been defriended and yes it does hurt. However, I handled it much better than my middle school students do. See just one more issue.
So I leave you with the video I saw at my conference. Crazy to think how times have changed even since I finished my Masters.
1 comment:
Who in their right mind would de-friend you? Silly people. I have been reading a blog that started out as a woman asking for prayers for her sick unborn baby and slowly became a train wreck. There is a whole blog dedicated to hating her. It is like middle school on steroids & I'm embarrassed to admit that I've been reading it for entertainment. I wouldn't want to be that mommy blogger. I don't think I could handle middle school again. :)
Well, I guess I'm going to have to (three times)...ugh. Get ready for my daily phone calls when my kids get there. :)
Post a Comment