Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Almost 4

How is it that she is almost 4! I find myself just referring to her as four because she just isn't a three year old anymore. Here are a couple of our conversations from the last week.

While playing with the stethoscope from her daddy's Halloween costume I asked:

me - "Do you want to be a doctor when you grow up?"
julia - " No I want to be just like you mommy."
me - "You want to be a school counselor?" (my tone of voice was very perplexed because I don't think she understands what I do.)
julia - "No I want to be a mommy."

Oh melt my heart. She is so sweet and such a care giver. The other night she was so excited because she was going to help give Caroline a bath. Something so simple but made her night.

The other funny from miss Julia was when a good friend was giving her a preschool intelligence test and a vocabulary test. Her answers were spot on and I was impressed. It was just really cool to hear what she knows. Things that i take for granted in our daily conversations. I posted this on facebook but for all of you who didn't see:

"Julia why do mommy and daddy need a babysitter?"

Julia's response - " So mommy and daddy can go get drinks!"

I am not lying when I say that was her exact answer. I love what kids say. She is such a preschooler and takes in everything. However, our next big hurdle is tackling the start of sibling rivalry and being nice to our sister. Mainly she needs to drop the attitude:) Oh she is turning into such a 4 year old.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

Turning into such a "4 year old." Oh boy. So I guess this means the whole 'tude never ends.

Tse Family said...

I love four! Don't be scared.
;0) I can't picture Julia with an attitude.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails