Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Never Ending Project

How long has it been since I last blogged, got on facebook, etc??? Awhile, but to me it feels like last night because the last week has been a big blur. So I know you are wondering if we are moved in and the answer is yes and no. We have been staying here since Saturday night and all of our things are here.... however unpacked is a completely different story. Moving in over Memorial Day was good for the three day weekend and all the sales, but for me it is during the last couple weeks of school so there are plenty of things on the calendar to keep me busy. Surprisingly enough I am not panicking and I think that is because I know I have all summer in front of me. We have our beds up, the kitchen is unpacked, and the TV and Internet are hooked up so we are in complete comfort as long as you don't trip over all the boxes.

So instead of unpacking, we have been tackling major home improvement projects. Sod had to be in June 1st which only gave us a few days. So our second day in our new home we spent the day clearing out part of the backyard. In the end it is well worth it, but I have to admit the fact of laying sod over unpacking was not part of the plan. We put a coat of paint on Julia's room and we are still waiting to put on that second coat of paint. Hopefully, it will happen by the end of June:) And last but not least Grandpa came in from Arizona. Graham and him have worked tirelessly on our sprinkler system and took down the horrible 1980's fluorescent lights in the kitchen and put in recessed lighting. Never in a million years did I ever think I would buy a house that I would have to update but so far it has been fun deciding what projects to tackle. Trust me we will be tackling them for a very long time. Welcome to home ownership!

The last part that has made this house so wonderful is the neighbors. I would say half of the nights have been spent sitting out in the cul de sac watching the kiddos ride their bikes. Probably another reason nothing is getting done. Not to mention one of those neighbors has a bounce house that makes Julia very happy! So all in all we are loving the new house. We love it so much that I keep forgetting that we are leaving on a nice week and a half vacation to Arizona on Wednesday. Maybe I should stop blogging and start packing!

2 comments:

Tse Family said...

Thanks for the update! Some of us are living vicariously for another 2 weeks and are very interested. I love the pink walls...good choice, Julia! And the backyard is so pretty! Love it! Have a great trip to AZ! I think in the text I sent today that I said Joe will be in Denver this week, but it is not until next week and it is a quick trip with no time for fun or even "hellos"...it would be nice if we could all tag along some time, but seeing how we are still spending money incessantly, I'm doubtful we'll ever go anywhere ever again. ;0) Love you guys!

Tse Family said...

When are you coming back!? Hope you guys are having fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails