Here it is people... house #4 and four months later we finally have a close date. Yes, I could be jinxing it but as of now I have been through so much with this whole process it wouldn't be the first time. House #1 and #2 were both were with the same crazy listing agent. We lost out both times to other offers and lots of wierd situations. After house #3 fell through, I didn't know what to tell people anymore. I have to admit we felt like screw ups and had the feeling of what was wrong with us. We took a gamble with house #3 because it was a short sale but we had verbal approval so we went ahead with the inspection and thought we were two weeks from closing. Instead the bank decided to foreclose on the house. So we moved on again, but now we were two weeks from the tax credit deadline. Stress levels were high.All along we knew about the house above. The original owner (who is 85 with a heavy Irish accent) had signed with my realtor to list his house back in December but he wasn't quite moving fast. He had a list of projects to do but an example is the painter took almost 8 weeks. This house was the same floor plan as house #1 that I fell in love with. So with ten days to go before April 30th, he allowed us to see the house. I loved it, so we put in an offer! Yesterday, we had the inspection and it went very well. Cosmetically he hasn't changed anything from 1985 but he has kept his home in fantastic condition! So, if everything goes as planned we will close on my dad's birthday (present to him is we are finally moving out) and move in over memorial day weekend. Beyond having the inside painted, he is putting in all new carpet and giving us some concession money to replace the furnace and put in A/C. I have also started my priority list in things to start changing and start buying:)
I drove by today and they had put a sold sign in the yard. I have to admit that was the cherry on the top, and I feel as if this is really going to happen. The house is on a cul de sac and I am already imagining lots of bike riding and playing outside this summer! So in the end, I truly believe this was meant to be and this is the house we were supposed to buy. I can say that now as I look at the big picture and look back at the last four months. Having patience through this process was very hard, but we can't forget that fortune cookie I got back in October! Also, I am apologizing now if some feel as if I have fallen off the face of the earth. House hunting involved a lot of our free time and the stress sometimes meant less blogging, less phone calls, and pretty much less of everything.
2 comments:
whoot!!!! yea!!!! Oh wait, I don't want to jinx anything, but... hooray!!! and Happy Birthday Howard, that's funny!!!!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! :)
Post a Comment