So the other day I threw those nursing bras away. They needed to go! However, after nursing two babies, not having a clue what size bra I needed, and realizing everything in my drawer didn't work I broke down and set out to go bra shopping. I hate bra shopping! I don't know why I do but I hate spending money on bras and get over whelmed the minute I walk in. Funny how I hate spending money on something I wear ever day.
So I took Oprah's advice and went to get sized. We all remember that Oprah episode where Nordstroms comes in and starts sizing the audience. I laughed when women were completely oblivious to what size bra they needed. Yup I became that woman! Lets just say the girls aren't quite what they used to be and they needed some intervention. So off to Nordy's I went and this nice Russian woman went to work. My jaw dropped when she told me what size bra I needed. Excuse me, that isn't my size. That would be a size my mom would wear. No offense mom, but I never in a million years thought I would hear that size. I was not only wrong on the cup size but my back size as well. So instead of having to go through racks of bras my new friend started hauling all different bras into the dressing room. I, still in complete denial of my new size was sure they wouldn't fit, but they did and they felt great. Why didn't I do this sooner!!!! So now I am the owner of three new bras from Nordstroms! I am telling you every woman should go to Nordstroms and start trying on some bras. It will change your life!
4 comments:
I just told Paul the other day that for Mother's Day I am going to Nordstrom for a bra fitting! I can't wait
You're funny! And right. I wish I had done that instead of just picking at random at Kohl's. My girls have continued to change now more than a year out from weaning. I think I told you that at Christmas that I was less than thrilled to find my bra size getting smaller and my underwear size getting bigger? Not good. Then yesterday I found out my friend considers 34 mid-thirties? What? I was waiting until 35 to say that.
Can't wait to be able to be able to call or text (in your case) when I feel the need. Joe and I still joke about the repeated "Maggie" texts we were getting at Christmas. Sometimes just for fun we text each other just one word: "Maggie". ;0) Love all of you girls (well, not those ones--you know what I mean!)
So funny and I love your candor!
Congrats on your three new perfect bras :)
You've inspired me to get fitted and see just how small my girls are. Sniff sniff. I didn't nurse nor did they grow during pregnancy and and mine STILL changed. :(
Post a Comment