When it rains it pours and this is why this mama needs a beach vacation!! So lets start with an update on Caroline. She is back to her old self. No fever, lots of smiles, and ate like a champ today. So happy to see her full of life again. After she is done with her antibiotics, they will do another urine test and then we will do a radiology test to rule out any blockages. I stayed home today and thought the girls and I would just stay home and enjoy the beautiful weather by actually going outdoors! This morning my mom mentioned that Julia's eyes looked goopy. Just what we needed was a case of pink eye. So for the third day in a row we headed to the pediatrician's office. We are becoming regulars:) I thought we would get a prescription for pink eye and be gone, but the poor child had double ear infections! Where did that come from? So now both girls are on antibiotics and I am hoping we stay away from the doctor's office for awhile. So here is my Public Service announcement:
I learned today that one of the number one causes for matter or junk in the eye is ear infections. Who knew? Also, below is a story from the Today show on bath toys. Grosses you out but good information to have. I am a little skittish of bacteria considering what we have been through the last couple of days and my mother in law told me about this. Most of mine our packed away at the moment but I am definitely going to throw some things out!
We figured out the bath toy thing with holes a long time ago--lots in the trash, but the flushing thing? What? Makes you think about your toothbrush just innocently sitting there in the "splash zone".
4 comments:
I thought Gemma had pink eye a few weeks ago but it turned out to be an ear infection. I had no idea either.
I am so grossed out. What am I going to do for bath toys?
We figured out the bath toy thing with holes a long time ago--lots in the trash, but the flushing thing? What? Makes you think about your toothbrush just innocently sitting there in the "splash zone".
It never ends, does it? I hope both of your girls are healthy and that you and Graham stay healthy too!
Kaylynn's had pink eye twice and both times she had an ear infection too! Double whammy!
ewe!
Sometimes ignorance is bliss...
Macie dropped a lollipop on the mall floor last week, and before we could intercept it, it was back in her mouth!
Hoping you get a vacay soon, or at least a house full of good health!
Post a Comment