

There is nothing cuter than a baby hospital gown!! Of course this is only if they are wearing it while healthy. Today we took Caroline for two tests. The first was a renal ultrasound that took pictures of her kidneys, bladder, and belly. The tech even pointed out her tiny ovaries. The second test, a VCUG, was looking for kidney reflux. This was a little more invasive but she was a champ and hardly a whimper out of her. I am so happy to report she does not have kidney reflux. So for right now it looks as if her urinary tract infection was just a normal bladder infection. I did get a call on Saturday that her follow up culture did show some bacteria but at the time she was still her happy ol' self. Today she started running another low grade fever so I called back and the doctor on call for my pedi said she thinks the little bacteria is from contamination. So who knows why we are running another fever! For some reason we just can't get well. Come on spring! So there is the update on Miss Caroline. I truly wonder how long she was sick. Up to Christmas she was a good little sleeper, but something happened and as I have mentioned on this blog her sleeping habits were giving us fits. However, since we have gotten her healthy this little girl takes a bottle about 7:30 and sleeps until 6 or 6:30. Once in a while we get up to put her paci back in but that is all. I am not sure what to do with all this sleep, but it has been pure bliss. More than anything it is so nice to see happy, fuzzy headed Caroline back to her old self. I am hoping that we will stay away from Children's hospital for a long time!
2 comments:
Glad everything went fine. Thanks for coming up to see us!!! I love you all!!!!
So glad she is feeling better!
Post a Comment