Monday, February 19, 2007

The Dreaded Swing No More



So both Graham's mom and my mom kept asking the same question throughout my entire pregnancy, did you get a swing yet? They both swore by the swing. Of course even though Graham and I are of adult age I guess you can say we still have child like qualities. Like sometimes ignoring our moms because a month before Julia came we still had no swing. Thank goodness Graham works with lovely people and they saved us from the question of do you have a swing yet. They threw Graham a baby shower at work and all chipped in for the swing. So of course with everything my mom had told me about the swing I thought it would be my savior and quiet the fussiest of babies. Not my beautiful daughter, it made her even more fussy. However this weekend we turned a corner. We had some friends over for dinner and they brought their little boy who is just three weeks older. We both laughed at how both Broc and Julia hated the swing. So Graham thought it would be funny to show not tell how much Julia hated the swing but to our amazement not one little peep and five minutes later she was sleeping. Now three days later we still have no fussing when we put her in it. Today I actually folded the laundry why she gazed at the mobile above. So the swing might not only be Julia's new friend but it may be my new best friend so I can have longer periods of getting things done around the house.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails