
I am sorry to vent but I have held it in long enough, What is with this weather??? It all started with that first blizzard I posted about on December 20th. I hate to report that the snow from that blizzard is still on the ground with more piled on top. We have had four Fridays in a row of snow and this week we have sub zero temperatures. Is this Denver or did I move up north somewhere?
I was more than happy to stay in the house with my new baby that first week and even into the second week. Those first couple of days I was in no condition to go anywhere and taking care of a new baby certainly kept me busy. However, now I am going a little stir crazy in the house. We all are, even the dog can't handle the weather. If she is outside more than a couple of minutes she starts hopping on three legs trying to keep her poor paws off the ground. All I am asking for is weather above freezing so the snow can melt and we can see the ground again.
This picture is of Julia all bundled up like a marshmallow. Her face shows how we feel about the weather. Thanks to her friends River and Nora for loaning us the bundler. This was our last outing before single digits arrived. We made a quick trip to my parent's house for dinner knowing that it might be a long time before we saw the outside again. As much as I love my new daughter I can't help but think that she might be responsible for bringing us this weather. Maybe she will grow up one day and go into the weather business. All I know if this doesn't let up soon I am moving back to Phoenix:)
2 comments:
Awww don't blame sweet little Julia. We can take the blame since we are taking the blame (credit?) for not having it here. Maybe you could start early ski lessons?
ohhhhh!! precious little baby bundled... she just wanted a chance to sport River's bunting, Nora never had a chance being an August baby. I hear you though, it got up to 2 degrees this afternoon, River, Solstice and I headed out for a few minutes and came back FROZEN!!!
Post a Comment