Here are some updates:
Julia even though she is in that selective hearing phase, could not make her parents more proud. The first week back from fall break she came home with an award. Schools in our district follow a program for positive behavior. Julia was one of two kindergartners chosen for the award during a whole school assembly. I think I was more excited than her because I know what a big deal it is. She is such a sweet girl with such a kind heart! Daddy was out of town so Grampy joined us for some frozen yogurt to celebrate.
The pictures below are from the parade tonight. We weren't expecting much, but it was surprisingly fun! Some of our neighbors were walking in the parade for the local soccer club. Mommy even got noticed by some of the kids in the parade. "Hey there is our counselor!" "Hey Mrs. Kaiser!" I felt important for a couple of moments. The new job is going really well. Being back full time is an adjustment. My job is definitely easier full time and I actually bring less work home. So there are some positives. I always have my working mommy guilt and I know some people don't understand, but things are working out.

As for Caroline, we had a date the other night at Costco after we got her a hair cut. She is still Caroline. She is a lot of fun and knows pretty much every song on the radio. She still loves to play that she is a baby and we should do everything for her. When we don't there is usually hell to pay, but those moments are slowly starting to fade away. Mommy having shoulder surgery has definitely been harder on her than anyone else. Tonight she was so excited to see Santa Claus which surprised me. It was something Julia really never cared about, so when he was leaving after the tree lighting ceremony he just happened to walk our way. Some people were taking pics with him but I just walked her over to say hi and he immediately picked her up. She was so excited and had the hugest smile on her face!
We are looking forward to being home for the holidays! We are busy, busy, busy! We have Broncos games, friends visiting, a quick weekend girls trip to Arizona, holiday parties galore, the actual holiday of Thanksgiving and Christmas, grammy's birthday, daddy's birthday, and a little girl turning six! Somewhere in there we are planning to do some quick, minor upgrades to the bathrooms. Some new sinks, faucets, minor cabinet face lifts, and counters will be a great present from Santa for Graham and I:)



1 comment:
I can't believe Caroline just went to Santa like that! And, Congratulations, Julia!
Post a Comment