Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fall break, surgery, and Halloween

It was one very busy week off of school for the girls and I. So sad that Daddy had to work. We are so lucky that Grandma came in from Arizona to help out for the week.  I finally decided to have my shoulder fixed and since I was an arm down the house may have looked like a nuclear bomb went off if she had not been there to keep the household running.  Luckily, even with my shoulder surgery we still managed to get a lot done and have a lot of fun.  The week included finally putting up the chandelier in the dining room, a trip to the American Girl Store, a Broncos game for mommy and daddy, lots of arts and crafts to add to our fall decorations, some more shopping, and of course trick or treating.

As for my surgery, our maxed out health insurance deductible finally made me bite the bullet to get it fixed.  Of course on Monday morning, as I was balling my eyes out to the anesthesiologist when she said the word neck block, I was having second thoughts.  However, in the last six months I have stopped doing a lot of things because of the fear I would dislocate it.  So one neck block and ice cooling machine later I am on the mend.  Technology is really pretty cool these days.  I am supposed to be in an arm sling for at least the next four weeks . Hahaha!!!  Caroline had figured out that I can't man handle her and is also having issues with the fact I can't pick her up and hold her.  I am praying that we all just get through the next week.  Not sure what I was thinking when we scheduled next week but a lot of the scheduled events were out of our hands.  Graham leaves for a business trip on Monday and won't be back until Thursday.  So since I have issues just getting myself dressed at the moment we are moving in with Grammy until daddy returns.  Thanks goodness for the grandmas in our lives!

1 comment:

Wife to one and Mom to two said...

What a week! I'm glad you got your shoulder worked on though. Much needed and hopefully a new start. Poor Caroline...she just wants you to hold her, except when she doesn't want you to hold on to her. :) Hopefully you can make it through the month in the sling!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails