Saturday, October 8, 2011

Home Improvements.... slowly coming along

The first picture is of the guys adding a couple of sprinkler heads to the backyard. Our sprinkler system needs major help and didn't reach the new sod we put in last year. Hopefully this will help the couple of dead spots. Behind them you will notice rock above the retaining wall. About a month ago we had 11 tons of rock delivered. 8 tons for above the rock wall and 3 for the front yard where we cut up the pine tree. I will post pics of that sometime too. The rock has made such a difference when looking out my kitchen window. No more dirt and weeds. The backyard is still a work in progress. We have come so far, but still have so far to go. More than anything I love sitting out on the deck. One of my favorite things to do even in the summer because it is shaded.




Another improvement is a new chandelier in the entry.  Mr. D left his original brass, puny light for us.  It didn't light much of anything.  We have been meaning to change it but I never found anything that I just loved and wouldn't you know that lighting can be very expensive.  So the other day when the boys were working on the sprinkler system they sent me to Home Depot for a clamp.  I came home with this.  Caroline and I do some good shopping.  This chandelier isn't exactly what I was looking for but it was on sale.  For now it will do and amount of light it gives off is crazy.  I went for a 59 cent clamp and came back with a light on sale for 59 dollars.  But mind you the sticker said it was originally 189 dollars.  Now that is a good deal!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Nice! I love how the little things add up to make a beautiful home! I like your chandelier, and I REALLY love your front door!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails