- Caroline no longer has a paci. Tough at first, and we were doing great until I went back to work last week. This weekend she refused to nap and at night she talks to herself for an hour before falling to sleep. Remember this girl always took a 3 hour nap so I am struggling. I am just praying that it is the transition of being back at Ms. Margaret's!
- Julia starts Jr. Kindergarten tomorrow. It is half the size of her preschool class and is three days a week. She will stay an extra hour this year for lunch and Spanish.
- I am starting an 80% contract this year and am very excited. I have so enjoyed being only three days a week and don't regret a bit. However, with Julia being in school more and Caroline being older I think it is time to actually get paid for the work I am doing. I will work all five days but Wednesday and Friday I will only work half days. I will be done by 12 and can pick Jules up from preschool.
- We evicted our last tenants. This summer I have learned how to buy a new car and negotiate, all about eviction, and much more. Our new tenant signed the lease today. Renting is not always fun. Our first tenants were a dream the second not so much but keeping the condo is a much better option in this housing market. I am hoping someday it will actually be an investment:) The entire time I knew everything was happening for a reason. Our new tenant is another dream and will only be there half time. We were also able to increase the rent as the rental market is a booming business all of the sudden.
- And last but not least my new car. I LOVE MY NEW CAR!!! Graham and I call it our grown up car as it is the first car we have ever owned with upgrades. We got a Chevy Traverse and after scoping cars.com for a month I know I got an incredible deal.
So all in all we had a fabulous summer and made so many memories. Graham said yesterday he was excited for Fall. Not there yet as I am still wanting to do some landscaping and some more bike riding before the cold starts knocking at our door!
1 comment:
Reece talks and sings to himself for an hour or more before falling asleep on his own too. So, they put him down an hour before they actually want him to fall asleep for his nap. At night they just put him down at the regular time. Keep it up and don't revert to the paci or it'll send mixed signals and be even harder! So glad we didn't have to deal with that as F never got one...but we were lucky that worked!
Post a Comment