
It is Monday morning and not much is going on.... so here is what we are doing. Julia told me today she likes living at
Grammy's house. I think she likes the fact that Grammy has Noggin at her house:) The best is watching Noggin in the mornings wearing your tiara with your best buddies! Or could it be playing in
Grammy's boxes in her office. As for the house hunting it has been drama. When we started, I am not sure we knew exactly what we wanted but through the first month we have learned that we like a certain area. Of course we had never thought of my parent's neighborhood but in the end it has everything we need and want. We figured this out after seeing a 1985 home priced exactly at our price range. You have to understand we are limited to a certain price because we are carrying our condo mortgage plus the fact that my salary is no longer a full time salary. Small details! So back to the 1985 house. It had everything on our
wish list plus an amazing deck and yard that I pictured the girls and I playing in every day this summer. The only issue was that it still looked very 1985 but was in mint condition. It took a while for us to realize this was perfect as we had not thought about moving into a house that we would have to update, but in the end we knew it was right. So as we went to put an offer on the house it went under contract. I being a tad emotional was in tears for days. Finally we put the house behind us and one week later the listing agent contacted us. The contract was most likely going to fall through on inspection terms. Yes the roof was bad. She told us that if we put a full price offer on the house that the owner would put a new roof on. Graham and I were excited so we put the back up offer on the house and it was accepted. That night the original buyers and the owner had not come to a resolution so we were less than 24 hours from being the first contract. Of course in my head I st
arted thinking about what furniture I would buy and the first things we would tackle. However it was not meant to be as the original buyers took the house as is. I guess the heat from our back up contract made them realize that it was a really great house. So now we wait as more comes on the market. I am not really patient so it is hard. However, at least Julia adores living at
Grammy's and even though there are lots of people under one roof I have to look at the bright side of saving money and the extra help with the girls is pretty nice too:)
1 comment:
*sigh*
It's still winter, isn't spring the time people start listing? Something will open up. I know how bad that stinks when you envision yourself in a place to have it fall through. Sorry.
Post a Comment