Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Break Coma

Here is a recap of spring break.... We started off the week in beautiful Santa Fe. With Julia, we took a road trip to South Dakota and saw Mt. Rushmore so we had to keep the tradition alive with this baby!! We ate lots, I got a massage, spent time with friends, and did a little museum and history sight seeing. I am not a huge fan of art but since I was a little girl I have had a Georgia O'Keefe painting in my room. I also have one in my office. I have always been drawn to her paintings. The morning before we headed out of town we were able to go to the Georgia O'Keefe museum. I had to keep telling myself that I was looking at the originals. It was a fantastic museum!
Here are Graham and I being goof balls in front of the San Miguel Church. This is supposedly the oldest church. We also visited the St. Loretto Chapel where there is a spiral staircase without any nails. Great piece of architecture.



We also got Julia's hair trimmed. It is much more even and she did such a wonderful job. I was in awe at how she let this lady comb and do her hair. I come near her with a hairbrush and she starts running away. So much for having a girl, she won't let me do her hair. Feel bad for me:)

We also found Julia some new big girl bedding!! Love the lavender polka dots! She has slept so much more sound and naps have gotten longer again since we moved her into this bed. I think she stays much warmer and having more room helps. I am sure G is glad that I have gone back to work this week since I was on a spending spree. Pictures of the loft to come soon. We will now have a new play area for Julia, and I am so excited for it to be all organized. Can you say nesty!!!!



2 comments:

Katie said...

Sounds like a great trip, I need a massage! Julia is such a good big girl. We got haircuts today too!

Jenn said...

Glad you guys were able to get away and have some fun! Mike and I have spring breaks coming up but not on the same week :-( So no fun trips but hopefully lots will get done with the house. Hope your feeling well, miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails