Julia is not a fan of chocolate and besides the her first lollipop last month has never really had candy until this Easter. Julia has now found her love of jellybeans. This morning while trying to get out of the house I had to explain to this fine, young two year old that we don't eat jellybeans in the morning. She of course in true two year old fashion threw a temper tantrum. So there was time out and still no apology from Julia. This was followed by me muttering to her that mommy was not happy and we did not tolerate this behavior in our house. Of course I know she understood all of this but by this time we were now officially running late. So what got her to behave so we could get out of the door???? The threat that she wouldn't be able to walk to the garage and I would have to carry her. Immediate hugs, kisses, and I am sorry mommy to be had. Are you kidding me that is all it took?? So out the door we went and I buckled her in her carseat when out of her mouth she says, "Mommy are you happy?" Okay melt my heart. Leave it to a two year old to make you smile.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Little Miss Jellybean
Julia is not a fan of chocolate and besides the her first lollipop last month has never really had candy until this Easter. Julia has now found her love of jellybeans. This morning while trying to get out of the house I had to explain to this fine, young two year old that we don't eat jellybeans in the morning. She of course in true two year old fashion threw a temper tantrum. So there was time out and still no apology from Julia. This was followed by me muttering to her that mommy was not happy and we did not tolerate this behavior in our house. Of course I know she understood all of this but by this time we were now officially running late. So what got her to behave so we could get out of the door???? The threat that she wouldn't be able to walk to the garage and I would have to carry her. Immediate hugs, kisses, and I am sorry mommy to be had. Are you kidding me that is all it took?? So out the door we went and I buckled her in her carseat when out of her mouth she says, "Mommy are you happy?" Okay melt my heart. Leave it to a two year old to make you smile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm just catching up! Great news on the part time. I remember the feeling after learning I could go part time the day after Hannah was born. It was such a relief! Have you guys decided not to move? I can't remember. Glad you are feeling good (and looking great!) and can't believe how soon your new family member will be here.
Julia looks like such a big girl in that picture. Love her new bed! Smart not to get characters like I did because they outgrow their "loves" so fast. Miss you!
Post a Comment