Monday, November 26, 2007
Sick Day
Standing Up from newmom06 on Vimeo.
Here is the latest and greatest of Miss Julia. When we got home this weekend she started standing with no hands. Graham would sing "Surfin USA" and she would just die laughing. This video is of her helping me make the bed. She finally stood up for me and then tried to attack the camera.
The video is one of her up times. Today Julia and I stayed home because she spiked a fever yesterday after her nap. This would explain her crankiness ever since we arrived home from the mountains. Plus the fact that we have been dealing with a mild case of diarrea. Poor thing! These are the times I wish that I was a nurse. The one on the phone from my peditrician's office today was so helpful. Now all of my background is in education so if you have any questions about learning or behavioral disabilities or any questions about college planning (this will come in handy some day) I am your gal, but when it comes to Julia being sick I feel like a moron. Now not to pat myself on the back but as a first time mom I am doing okay about not running to the doctor for every small thing even though I want to. Being a mom definietly puts me into unknown territory. Sometimes I feel like I know what I am doing and then sometimes I have no clue. Like today where were my parenting abilities when she fell off the couch. I should have prefaced this with our couch sits very low to the ground and Julia actually fell off very gracefully. So you ask where I was... sitting right next to her that is just how fast she is. I am sure we will have many more of these days. Every day brings something new. Thanks for listening to my rants:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hope she is feeling better soon. Trust me, even nurses don't always feel like we have it together when it comes to taking care of your own kids. I remember calling the doctor early in the morning for Nathan for something I already knew because I was so sleep deprived and stressed. I have relaxed more and more with the girls. I think it is very normal with your first, but when they don't feel well, you are just "mom" not a teacher, nurse, doctor, whatever. You just want to make it better.
I can't believe how well she is moving around. She will be skiing before we know it.
Miss you guys.
Post a Comment