Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blizzard Warning



One thing you can always count on in Denver is that the weather forecasters are always wrong, until this time. Currently they have fore casted two to three feet of snow in Denver. The worst snow storm since the blizzard of 2003.
Most people would love to stay home from work and have a day off, however when you are a week from your due date and nine months pregnant things get a little stressful. It never crossed my mind that I would ever have trouble getting to the hospital.
For those of you who are now worried, I did go to the doctor yesterday. Everything is right on schedule. I measured exactly 38 weeks, am still only 1.5 cm dilated, and the babies heart rate was wonderful. So, we joked with the doctor that I was still going to be sitting around in January pregnant. However, like most people know babies have minds of their own and will come when they want. So today I have fielded many phone calls asking me if we have a plan. We have as much of a plan as possible. Like I said before a tad stressful for any first time parents. We are trying not to freak out:)
So here are pictures of Graham. One of the pictures is of him in a snow drift past his knees. What is scary about this is it is supposed to snow up until two tomorrow. Then can you imagine what the snow drifts will be like?? I know this is hard for our family in Phoenix to understand. He definitely deserves the husband and soon to be dad of the year award. He has bravely gone out into the 30 to 40 mph wind gusts to shovel a path from our garage all day long. Pulling the jeep in and out compacting the snow. I am so lucky to have an incredible husband!!!
Most pregnant women at this point in their pregnancy would be praying for the baby to get here. I on the other hand am pleading with her to stay where it is nice and warm for at least another couple of days.

2 comments:

Tse Family said...

Too bad I can't send you our snow blower! It is just sitting here. We would have taken some of your snow. Our nephews are coming next week and going to be so disappointed that we have none! I have been thinking about you all day since I saw the news. I hope she stays put until the weather is better. You are in my prayers. I feel like I am measuring 38 weeks already too...but I'm only 32. We're off to the doctor now to beg for mercy in the form of early maternity leave.
PS Excellent work Graham!

Katie said...

Okay, yes Graham Congrats on Daddy/Hubby of the YEAR! I still can't believe that you made it to EVERY appointment. At least now the snow has slowed down/ceased and roads are starting to be passable again. Good Luck, Can't wait to see you and baby.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails