Saturday, March 23, 2013

Snow Day = Blog Day

Well three months later..... a blog post is due.  We have had a lot of snow in the last month.  Good since we are technically in a drought, bad because it is always on a weekend.  Put this together and for a girl who works in education I equate this to meaning no snow days!  Bummer!  So here is what we have been up to in the last three months.....

This little girl or should I say big girl since now she is SIX!!  We had so much fun celebrating her birthday.  I read somewhere the other day that instead of doing huge gifts the day is filled with fun events.  I feel this is what we do.  Now there are still plenty of gifts to open but we do fun things all day.  We started the day with having breakfast with Grammy and Grampy.  I then took her for a mommy/daughter mani, then we went out to dinner at her choice, Red Lobster, and then had all of our friends to a jumping place for a couple hours of fun.  It is really nice that her birthday falls on winter break because I am always off to spend the day with her!



Graham and I were lucky enough to have some dates!  Graham's holiday work party is always after new years and it is always fun to get dressed up!  I found my dress on a new years clearance rack.  The party was downtown in a building that had great views.  Then I braved the cold in one of the longest games ever to watch my Broncos lose!  I was bitter for quite a long time. 

Here we are enjoying Cowgirl/Cowboy night at school with Julia.  They really did a nice job on putting together a great family event.  Watching her with all of her classmates perform was the cutest thing ever!  School is going well and makes my life so much easier.  It is so nice that she is on my schedule!  One more year for Caroline and then they will both be going to the same place!  That sounds heavenly!

Doesn't this picture look beautiful.  On a whim, Graham and I found a great deal to get away for our 10 year anniversary!  We took a direct flight to Cabo and spent three fabulous nights and four days basking in the sun!  The weather could not have been better and it was so nice to be able to celebrate a great 10 years.  It has flown by!!

Here is the first snow storm!  Daddy made huge snow hills and it took a long time for them to melt.  The snowstorm today is just as big!  So much for that spring soccer season!




Daddy is traveling a little bit more!  Of course it always seems to be on the weeks that I have a night event at school.  We are very fortunate to have my mom in town to help but wouldn't you know this last business trip fell on conferences and Grammy was out of town.  Thank goodness Grandma retired last year and can fly up from Arizona to help out.  We had so much fun with her!  The new obsession for Julia and Grandma is American Girl.  Grandma doesn't have a store in Arizona so we always make a trip when she comes to town.  We also went to the Colorado History Museum.  I can't believe we have never been because it was so much fun!

So as you can see it has been busy, busy!  One more week to spring break!  We fly out late Saturday night to spend Easter in Arizona with Graham's family.  Late night flights equal less points to fly out to Arizona.  Even Julia had enough points for a free ticket.  We are counting down the days to summer!  Pool days are in our future!

1 comment:

Wife to one and Mom to two said...

I love the blog post! Such a busy winter...and yet, the winter is staying with you! Hugs to keep you warm from NC!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails