As of today, I am now the owner of the above West Elm Chandelier. Thanks to my mom's discount ( It is owned by the same company that owns Williams Sonoma and Pottery Barn), a gift card, and an extra 20% lighting sale this bad boy is going to be the center point of the room! Bye, bye brass light.
So since I have been home for the last three days I got inspired by the above project that I found on Pinterest. I don't know why in a million years that I think that I have enough patience or artistic ability but I am trying. My original plan was to do an accent wall of wall paper. Wouldn't you know that the wall paper I like is very expensive and then on top of that I would have to have someone install that because there is no way I would have the patience to do that! If you haven't figured out already this dining room is being done on a budget and the above painted wallpaper is much cheaper because I am free!
So I am 25% done with the first step of transferring the template onto the wall. In the instructions she said she didn't use a level, WHAT$#%#$%#? I will tell you if you are an anal, OCD type of person than this is not the project for you. I am using a level but not being that picky. So I am sure that I am going a lot slower than she is but at least I am only doing one wall. She did a whole room!
The last step will be to pick fabric, find things for the wall, and add curtains. I promise updates but at my current pace I am sure the wall won't be done for at least a month:)


3 comments:
Go, Kat! I made my own template and did our LR wall. I used a level...it will take awhile :) BUT, I love it! Best of luck. Can't wait to see the end result!
Love the 3-day weekend snow day family fun! And...this very well could still be a summer project. Maybe a spring break one instead. At least you're knocking it out little by little and staying within your means! Can't wait to see it in the end! Good luck! You need to give yourself more credit!
Wow! I'm excited to see your room progress! You got me motivated to start on my own dining room! Not sure I have the patience for painted wallpaper. Pretty sure that would never get done since I tend to do things 90%... Looking good!
Post a Comment