Spring Break has started early!!!
As I mentioned in a previous post we have a mild, very mild winter. Just leave it to Graham and I to get the moisture going. Spring break is next week for my school district and for CU Denver where G is taking classes it was this week. So we compromised and decided to drive to Santa Fe on Friday morning and meet his friends Suzy and Josh. So Tuesday the weather forecasts started. We haven't had a blizzard since Julia was born but we were to prepare for another one. See what I mean Graham and I are good at bringing the snow. I was woken early Thursday morning telling me school was cancelled. Are you kidding we never have a snow day! The snow would be over in Denver by Friday morning but the storm would move south which is the direction we were going. Raton Pass into New Mexico is a little tricky when it snows. So we made the quick decision to pack all three of us and try to get on the road asap. Poor Julia, she was so excited for her first snow day and kept telling us that mommy and daddy didn't have to work I am sure she was shocked when we dropped her off at Grammy's. So instead of being gone two nights we lengthened our vacation to three nights. I already miss Julia but it is so nice that she will now talk on the phone to you so I can hear her sweet voice. It only took two hours and we were on the road by nine that morning, the storm on the edge of our heels. Heavy snow started as we left but by Colorado Springs the sun was shining! Mission accomplished. We arrived in Santa Fe all was good and then I went to grab my purse and guess what popped out....my shoulder. Are you kidding me!!!! It went back in after I cursed and let a scream and now I am very ginger with it because when you are pregnant and can't sleep on your back guess where you sleep. A little tender this morning but at least I am not holding a two year old. When we get back I will post pics of Santa Fe snow covered. Very beautiful! I hope all of you back in Denver are enjoying your early spring break. Two snow days in a row, I just can't get over that!
3 comments:
omygoodness, it sounds like a crazy couple of days. try to relax. hope your shoulder is better soon.
Glad you guys made it safe! Enjoy your long weekend and take care of that shoulder.
Hey there! Found your blog on facebook :)
Post a Comment